Are you looking to accelerate the digital transformation of your business? Then investing in commercial off-the-shelf software could be a smart move. There is a growing demand for organizations as well as businesses to invest in implementing robust software to fill specific gaps in their business. One such software is COTS or Commercial-Off-the-Shelf software which is ready to use without any kind of modification required from users.
Simply put, a COTS product can be both computer hardware and software that is tailored for specific uses and also made available to the general public through government contracts. This is the reason why most businesses including the government sector and large organizations are procuring COTS products into their system for better functionality. Microsoft Office or antivirus software is a typical example of COTS software. So, if you are looking for a risk-free investment for incorporating software to streamline your business, make sure you hire the best Outsourcing Development Company that can help you implement modified COTS software.
A Brief Overview of COTS Software:
Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software is a term for ready-to-made software products that are available for purchase in the commercial marketplace. Nowadays, public sectors are more and more relying on COTS applications for supplementing, enhancing, or replacing the proprietary system. It is mainly because of the improved functionality and less ownership cost that COTS offers. Moreover, COTS products are designed to be easily installed and incorporated with existing system components. Operating systems, office product suites, word processing, and e-mail programs all fall into the COTS category.
What Are the Other COTS Products?
Some other products generally considered COTS products are:
- MOTS: Modifiable-Off-the-Shelf or Military-Off-the-Shelf products are COTS products whose source can be modified. It simply means that MOTS is an off-the-shelf product that can be customized or developed by a commercial vendor so that it can respond to specific military requirements. You can easily purchase and use a MOTS product as it is designed to adapt for a specific purpose.
- GOTS: Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS), developed by the technical staff of the government agency is generally preferred for government purposes. It is because; GOTS can be developed by an external entity simply by funding and specification from the agency. If you Hire Software Developer India who has years of experience in implementing GOTS for government purposes can help you implement GOTS successfully.
- NOTS: Nato-Off-the-Shelf or Niche-Off-the-Shelf product, developed by NC3A is used to meet specific requirements of NATO including Consultation, Command, and Control. It can also be referred to as vendor-developed software for a specialization and narrow market segment.
A Comparative Study between Custom VS COTS Software: Why Choose COTS Over Custom Solution?
Every business and industry has its unique needs so whether to build a custom software solution or buy ready-to-use COTS software depends on the requirements of your business. Still, most businesses feel it difficult to determine which option will work better for their specific needs.
With this blog, you can get deeper into the roots of when to choose COTS over custom software with an elaboration on the pros and cons of both.
- Convenience: COTS software has a lot of appeal for businesses of all sizes businesses and industries. So, COTS can serve your purpose while looking for a straightforward solution. Again there are many COTS software that claims to be customized by evaluating the degree of customization. Thus COTS can easily satisfy the specific industry needs.
Custom solution on the other hand depends on the kind of business or third-party company. If you choose a less expertise development firm then your custom-developed app will be inefficient and unproductive.
- Security: COTS software is generally considered to be more secure. But reports prove that COTS, being widely used software is often a prime target for hackers. But when you Hire Offshore Dedicated Developers with years of experience, they can help you implement various techniques at the beginning of a project that will reduce the chances of security breaches.
Custom-built software built upon widely used technology is also vulnerable to hackers. Therefore when it comes to considering security-related features, and implementation, make sure you choose expert developers.
- Cost: One of the significant benefits of COTS is that it is cost-effective as compared to the custom solution. Simply put, it is designed for mass. This is why COTS is highly preferred where users are higher in number.
In contrast, the cost of custom software development is higher than that of COTS.
- Support: COTS solutions offer easy app development support. You can find professionals who are experienced enough to guide you on usage or complications.
But in a custom solution, there wouldn’t be any ownership rights, even if there is a minute issue. In such a situation, it needs to be taken to the third-party app developer to resolve the issue.
What Are the Key Advantages of COTS Solutions?
Now look at some key advantages of COTS solutions:
- Accessibility & Support: Commercial-Off-the-Shelf solutions are easily accessible because they are mass-produced for specialized sectors such as financial service companies. Moreover, COTS has been in the market for a long time with the full customer support of a special community. Hence, you don’t have to worry about resolving your business problems. Most importantly, in case any error happens in your software, the customer support team is responsible to correct it.
- Versatility: Most Off-the-Shelf software offers a wide array of features addressing practicality needed for every company to run their business ranging from anti-virus programs to database development applications.
- Easy Installation: Unlike custom-made software, COTS can be easily installed without any customization. Moreover, a COTS product comes with step-by-step instructions to help you make the installation process smoother.
- Cost-Effective: The cost of COTS products is much lower than tailor-made software. It is because the cost of COTS is a one-time expenditure without any hidden expenses. Most importantly, with COTS you don’t need to pay separately for software and hardware. You only have to pay just once when you purchase it.
- Trustworthy: COTS products generally go through several testing scenarios. So, you don’t have to worry about its reliability. Vendors are working regularly to improve their solutions through testing, updating, security patches, and features.
- Trial Benefits: The good news is, that you don’t have to immediately purchase the solution without a trial. COTS products allow users to see how that software works within a trial version before purchasing one. So, when you are opting for an Outsource Software Development Services to implement COTS, they will first test-drive the software before suggesting you invest in it.
Things to Consider While Choosing an Effective COTS Solution:
Choosing a software product, especially COTS can be a time-consuming and hazardous task. But you can consider a couple of tips to select the right COTS product for your business as discussed below:
- Pricing & Licensing Model: Consider whether the pricing model, subscription period, and licensing approach will work you’re your company or not. Ask your self will the licensing model restrict your future use of software? Does the entire implementation cost enable you to prove a clear ROI for the software?
- Functionality: Make sure the software provides all the functionality that you need to undertake your work processes. Consider how the system fits into your business requirements now and how they might affect your business in the future.
- Pay Attention to Integration: Ensure that the Commercial-Off-the-Shelf solution you choose, effectively integrates with your current existing system. In case you are still running an older COTS package, it is important to invest in enhancing your existing system. It is because modifying a COTS package can be challenging for the vendor.
- Consider Customer Service: Before you choose a COTS solution, it is important to understand what type of service you will get from the company after you have made the purchase.
- Look at the Contract: Make sure your contract indicates what you expect from COTS software. Most importantly your contract should mention that there are no additional fees for the COTS software when reinstalling on a different machine. Again, it is important to consider whether your contract has provisions indicating support when you need it or not.
- Supportability: It is important to consider how stable the vendor is. In addition, understand what you can get in terms of training, consultation, documentation, and community from the vendor.
Wrapping it Up by Delivering an Idea of When to Lean Towards COTS?
When it comes to choosing between custom software and COTS, it largely depends on the type, size, industry, and other specifications of your business. But the general rule is that when you have seen the COTS product you consider worked successfully somewhere else similar to your project, you can go with COTS. Again, when you have a fixed budget, it will be better to rely on COTS. It is because the cost of COTS solutions is more predictable.
5 Lessons About Solar Panels You Can Learn From Experts
Solar energy is the most important source of energy that humankind has discovered. It’s also the fastest-growing source of electricity in the U.S. and is extremely durable and cost-effective. Here are five lessons that you can learn from solar panels experts.
Solar energy is the Most Important Energy Source
Solar energy is a source of energy that comes from the sun. It is generated through nuclear reactions within the sun and reaches the earth as electromagnetic radiation. Most of this energy is infrared, while a small amount is visible. The remaining portion belongs to the electromagnetic spectrum regions outside these three ranges. The sun’s total energy output is about 420 trillion kilowatt hours (TWh) annually.
Solar energy can be harnessed in several ways, including solar power and thermal energy. Solar power uses the sun’s light to generate electricity, and solar thermal energy uses heat from the sun to create electricity even during cloudy days. Hydropower, for example, is created by using rapidly flowing water to turn turbines inside a dam. Nuclear energy, on the other hand, is produced by nuclear fission. These nuclear reactions release heat, which is captured by a nuclear reactor.
Fastest-Growing Source of Electricity in the U.S.
According to a report released by the U.S. Energy Information Administration, renewable energy will be the fastest-growing source of electricity in the United States by 2020. The number of renewables produced will increase by 42 percent from 2010 to 2020 and 90 percent from 2000 to 2020. By 2020, renewable energy will account for nearly 20 percent of the nation’s utility-scale electricity. Wind, solar, and hydropower will all account for about half of this growth.
As of 2018, about 60 percent of the U.S.’s electricity consumption comes from fossil fuels. Solar energy and renewable ethanol combined will make up about 17 percent of that figure. While renewable energy consumption has decreased in recent years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, renewable energy is still growing. Renewable energy accounted for 11.2 percent of energy consumption worldwide and eight percent of the total electricity supply in the U.S. in 2018.
You should make sure you are buying a solar panel with a good warranty like Solar Panels for Home, Colorado Experts | Solar by Peak to Peak. These systems typically come with two types of warranties – a product warranty and a power warranty. The product warranty covers the integrity of the panels, while the power warranty covers how much energy they produce. The full product warranties typically last 25 years.
The first lesson covers the basic concepts of solar circuitry. Then, students will build and test a miniature solar house with a light and fan. Other lessons will involve engaging with local energy experts and government officials. They will also conduct a home energy survey and explore ways to produce more renewable energy. Students will also learn how to program a microcontroller and build complex circuitry.
When it comes to solar power, several factors go into cost-effectiveness. One factor is location. For example, if you live in an area with less sun than others, you may need to invest in a higher-efficiency solar panel system and look for solar installers near me. Another factor is market conditions. For example, you may get a lower price for panels in a rural area than in a city.
Roof-mounted solar panels usually cost between $15,000 and $21,000 for a six-kW system. They are generally less expensive to install than ground-mounted ones but are more difficult to access for maintenance. On the other hand, ground-mounted solar panels cost $18,000 to $25,000 for a six-kW system. In addition, they take up less yard space.
The solar industry is facing big challenges. First, the industry does not have a strong recycling infrastructure. Most panels are made of low-value glass, and their lifespan is extremely long. The result is that the industry does not have a strong financial incentive to invest in recycling. As a result, solar panels are destined to be discarded, resulting in a huge amount of waste.
Secondly, you should understand the differences between different solar panel types and styles. For instance, different solar companies will install different types of panels. If you aren’t familiar with solar panels, you can learn more about the different styles of solar panels by consulting an expert. Third, you should also consider the uniqueness of your home. For example, solar companies in the Bay Area may recommend different solar panels for different types of homes.
Commercial Voice Over Jobs Phenomenon
When most people think of voiceover, they think of commercial voice-over jobs. Commercial voice acting is a big part of the voice-over industry with many different channels. In this post on how to become a voice-over actor, we take a closer look at different types of commercial voice acting.
Commercial Voice Over Jobs
First of all let’s explore the many different forms of advertising use by companies. Broadly these fall into the following categories:
- Radio Commercials
- Television Commercials
- Internet Commercials (we cover some of this in a separate section)
- In-Store Commercials
One of the most influential parts of any voice overs for commercials . The voice actor needs to be able to fit the tone of the brand as well as provide sell the product or service. Depending on the target market and demographic, the voice may sound like the guy next door, an educated professional or a fun and lively teenager.
The main job of the commercial voice-over professional is to promote and influence the audience. This can be anything from a luxury holiday to a vacuum cleaner to beauty products. Commercial voice over jobs are applicable to nearly any industry. These commercials may be broadcast on the radio, on television, in podcasts, over the Internet or, more recently, through smartphone applications. There are obviously some industries that use advertising more than others. Most of these relate to products we all buy on a day to day basis and see advertised on TV. Household products, food, holidays, entertainment e.g. film releases and cars attract big budgets.
The chosen commercial voice over actor and script direction is the result of careful planning and decision-making on the part of the company, ad agency, or director. The actor is specifically selected to effectively reach the target audience most likely to be interested in buying the product or service. Case in point: a commercial voice over for a rugged four-wheel drive truck is going to sound very different from the voice you’ll hear selling a luxury sports car.
Radio Commercial Voice Over Jobs
If you want to find out more about about radio commercial voice over jobs then visit your local radio station.
Radio commercials are sometimes produced in-house by radio stations, but often by independent production companies. Some prefer to direct and record VOs using ISDN or other remote recording methods. Voices read a script to time, which usually is for a short ad.
There are a huge number of ads produced on a daily basis for the hundreds of radio stations. This is a great way for a voice actor to get regular commercial voice over jobs.
TV Commercial Voice Over Jobs
Advertising agencies work for brands and smaller companies. The client will agree a budget for advertising that is then used across many different media. The advertising coordinates every aspect of the advertising or marketing campaign. They come up with the initial creative concept, write scripts…and much much more. TV Commercials now are no longer just seen on TV, many are also distributed across the Internet. Some examples of large global advertising agencies
Some advertisements are made specifically for Internet only use e.g. a pre-roll ad for a YouTube channel or programme. These ads may reach millions of people. Other forms of Internet voice over jobs involve explainer videos. These have become an increasingly popular way for a company to simplify their marketing message.
Useful Tips – Auditioning For Commercial Voice Over Jobs
#1. – Make sure you produce a great show reel. A good show reel can make or break your chances of getting voice over work. As a member you can take our course on how to produce amazing show reels. Here is a FREE VIDEO from that course.
For more information on voice acting visit our series of posts on how to become a voice actor
Guideline to Create Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Before you’ll be able to begin making a digital selling strategy for your company, you want to phase your audience and establish measurable goals. this text can show you ways to try to to this and additional. Next, you want to confirm your budget. you will need to create alittle investment in your selling budget, however don’t pay quite you’ll be able to afford. you ought to specialize in the weather that worked best within the previous year. Then, you’ll be able to improve on those components. Market
Thank you for reading this post, do not forget to subscribe!
Segmenting your target market
There area unit many ways that to phase your target market. you’ll be able to begin by observing sales information from the previous year. If sure things were commercialism well, the segmentation method might match up with this info. Otherwise, the past shopping for patterns might not match up and you will end up writing messages for multiple audiences. In either case, it’s essential to phase your audience. subsequent step is to work out what your target market likes and dislikes.
You can produce an inventory of shoppers and confirm the commonalities that these customers have. supported these characteristics, you’ll be able to produce a profile of your audience. you’ll be able to even determine subgroups at intervals every phase with overlap and totally different interests. this can assist you produce the simplest potential message for every phase when you a get a buying signals .you’ll be able to use any combination of those factors to phase your target market. However, it’s necessary to stay in mind that selling to a full audience won’t yield any results unless you utilize the correct methodology for that specific audience.
After you’ve done a small amount of analysis and known the foremost common behaviors of your target market, you ought to produce an efficient selling arrange. confirm that you simply produce campaigns supported these stages. think about employing intent signals to focus on specific segments. By mistreatment intent signals, you’ll be able to target customers World Health Organization have hung out checking out winter coat deals. Or, perhaps, you would like to achieve the those that spent their time browsing through the coats on looking apps.
Defining measurable goals
One of the foremost necessary aspects of making a digital selling strategy is setting measurable goals. as an example, a complete may need to double its shopper referrals at intervals six months. To accomplish this goal, the team examines client surveys and analytics. It conjointly appearance at however previous campaigns have performed and makes necessary changes to extend the amount of referrals. The goal range is adjusted consequently, and also the team re-assesses its business strategy to confirm it’ll not hinder the general complete image.
When making a net selling strategy, it’s very important to outline measurable goals that area unit doable and relevant to the mission of your business. a typical mistake several firms build is setting goals that area unit too broad. the truth is that these objectives might not be doable, thus setting measurable goals is crucial to confirm you reach your business goals. By making measurable goals, you’ll be able to make sure that your selling efforts area unit relevant to your business and can lead to a additional victorious business.
Once you have got outlined good goals for your digital selling strategy, it’s time to live your progress. Measurable goals will be as general as “increase web site traffic” however may also be additional specific. If you would like to extend Asian web site guests, as an example, you ought to outline measurable goals in terms of a proportion increase. Similarly, you ought to conjointly embrace the goal of skyrocketing web site guests in specific locations, like the Asia region.
Developing a budget
Developing a allow your digital selling strategy may be a crucial a part of the design method. the foremost effective thanks to confirm the quantity of your budget is to phase it by perform and set specific goals. confirm to incorporate a variety of paying, and bear in mind to stay your budget versatile. This way, you won’t find yourself robbing yourself in another month. Below area unit some tips for developing a allow digital selling.
Production prices area unit another necessary issue to think about. totally different media need differing kinds of inventive assets, together with video, social media pictures, advertising banners, websites, email formats, and more. confirm to filter out these expenses and account for a way abundant every can value. counting on the character of your selling strategy, you will need to limit some kinds of media. Once you recognize the price of the various media varieties, you’ll be able to begin developing a allow each.
You’ll be happy you probably did.
Side Table: The Most Versatile Piece of Furniture You Can Own
The 5 Popular Types of Jackets You Should Know About
Keratin Treatment Benefits to Your Hair
United States visa requirements for Chilean citizens
Online Visa to Travel from the Dominican Republic to Turkey
What Are the Ingredients of a Blood Purifier Tonic?
Business2 months ago
United States visa requirements for Chilean citizens
Lifestyle2 months ago
Online Visa to Travel from the Dominican Republic to Turkey
Health3 months ago
What Are the Ingredients of a Blood Purifier Tonic?
Technlogy3 months ago
Common FAQs While Considering a Career in Data Analytics
Entertainment3 months ago
iBOMMA Telugu, Latest Bollywood, Tamil Movies 2022
Entertainment3 months ago
Disney’s live-action Aladdin finally finds its stars
Entertainment3 months ago
The old and New Edition cast comes together to perform
Lifestyle2 months ago
10 Tips To Organize Your Single Door Refrigerator